Friday, January 15, 2010

Why yes, they are that smart....Thank you for asking!




Today was awards assembly at school. This was the first time that Ethan was recognized for more than behavior and attendance, they now count his grades also. I know everyone says their kids are the smartest, cutest, yada, yada, yada........well, mine are and I have the proof! Ethan received; All A Honor Roll, Perfect Attendance (for those of you thinking this is a nerd award, WRONG, it shows dedication) and Citizenship, which is for good behavior (shock I know!) Claudia received; A,B Honor and Perfect Attendance (they are too old to get awards for being good.) I often laugh at the parents and grandparents that come to these events at school. Mind you, the ceremony started at 8:30, these parents were waving and blowing kisses to their kids like it had been weeks since they had seen them, not 30 minutes ago when they dropped them off. They are also taking pictures of every little thing, it's so sad. Actually, I have to sit on my hands so I won't do the same thing......... It's like you walk in there and you become THAT mom. You all know what I mean, the kind of person that actually makes you embarrassed for yourself. It is unstoppable, something happens when you see your kid up on that stage and somebody else takes over, at least my kids are not ashamed of me now, they actually wave back. I'm going to have to get it in check though before they start acting like they don't know who I am. I'm very proud of both of them and they worked really hard for these awards. This pictures are actually from the house, the ones I took at school didn't turn out so well. I don't think it had anything to do with me pushing people out of the way to get up front to get the best picture......who knows.

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
We are a blended family with four children. We have 3 girls and 1 boy. The oldest, Claudia is 10, Kennedy is 9, Ethan is 6 and Zoe is 4. It is very hectic when we are all together! The kids all get along and we have a great time, I wouldn't change anything!

Followers