Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Who Am I???

So, I decided to start crocheting. I had lovely pictures in my head of making beautiful afghans and scarfs and some day becoming a household name because of my mad creative skills. Ethan told me he would wear a sweater I made for him, all was good. BTW, I will keep that tidbit of information to share with a girlfriend later on down the road. But, let's stick to the story. I go to Hobby Lobby to pick out my stuff. To my great amazement, Vanna White has a line of yarn. What?!? I know. I was excited too. I picked out 4 colors, a whole package of crochet needles and a "how to" book. I was ready to go. I mean really, you put the yarn on a hook, loop it through and voila....a beautiful creation. WRONG, this crap is hard. And by hard I don't mean, oops I made a little mistake, it's fixable, let's get on with the project. No, I don't know how anyone can do this, my "creations" look like wadded up gobs of yarn. I have yanked the yarn out, thrown the book and said a few choice words more than once.



After several failed attempts, I finally get the hang of it. I've got a straight stitch and I learned a double stitch (sorry for all you losers who don't understand the terms, it's a really cool thing!) What I didn't realize is that after you make a stitch and come back down it you have to go up again, which for the life of me I can't figure out. I've watched videos on youtube and these old ladies are doing it so fast talking about how anyone can do it, it's so easy, blah, blah, blah....WRONG. My goal is to make a pot holder before the end of 2010. I know that's a lofty goal but I feel I can achieve it if I work at it everyday.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Wow...Ethan is awesome. That crap always looked hard to me.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
We are a blended family with four children. We have 3 girls and 1 boy. The oldest, Claudia is 10, Kennedy is 9, Ethan is 6 and Zoe is 4. It is very hectic when we are all together! The kids all get along and we have a great time, I wouldn't change anything!

Followers